Friday, August 10, 2012

Sunrise on Mars

Source: The Aptly named Curiousity. What a perfect name.
"Hubble (or in this case, Curiousity) touches people. When you're looking that far out, you're giving people their place in the universe, it touches people. Science is often visual, so it doesn't need translation. It's like poetry, it touches you."
- Story Musgrave

If I had the chance to get an absolute answer, meaning the absolute truth, for any question in the universe, it would be this - Are there any other planets in the universe where life exists?

On the basis of probability, I think the answer would be, "There's a super high chance." But, again, if I could know anything for sure, I would want to know that. But, as Arthur Clarke states, "Two possibilities exist:- Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

I don't believe we're alone. But, if indeed we are alone, in the entire vastness of the universe, I just can't imagine, then, how utterly alone we really are.

No comments: