For some people, they do it through writing in a journal. Some people play music. Some people go shoot basketballs. Whatever. But essentially, it's in these moments where we're sort of recharging ourselves mentally. And we think things that we would never say to someone else. It's something only for us. And from a metaphysical existentialist point of view, these sorts of thoughts make us truly us - no matter how someone else clones us or whatever, that someone will never have these thoughts that we keep to ourselves, not because we're embarrassed, not because we don't have people we trust, but simply because we keep them to make us us.
For me, I write in a journal. Standard fare. In fact, much like Betty Cooper, I have multiple journals (sort of). This blog is kind of like a journal. That's one. Then I have a Livejournal, which is really more like a journal. That one records more personal thoughts or feelings that I have. Then I have another Livejournal. That one records the really deeply personal stuff I think or feel. No, I don't know why I have two. Maybe cos I just want to do what Betty Cooper does.

But anyway, for whatever reason, the 3 forms of journals just don't do it for me. I don't always feel rejuvenated everytime I write. Which leads me to my next hypothesis:- I need to find a place, like a Secret Garden, which is Somewhere Only I Know. Sort of like pure escapism but in an existing physical space.
From the first time I laid eyes on the old Famous Five/Secret Seven Books, I've been completely enamored of Tree Houses. If I ever get the opportunity to own a substantial piece of land, I am reserving one corner (the quietest) of the land to build a tree house. It would be like my personal fort/man cave. Except it would be on a tree. Something a little like this:-

It would be a great getaway. Maybe just a place to hang out during the day or at night after a long day. I can definitely see myself spending a lot of time there. AND NO ONE ELSE WOULD BE ALLOWED IN. So there!
But of course, a tree house is only good for a really short amount of time. No one really lives in a tree house (or at least neither the Secret Seven kids or the Famous Five kids did) for an extended period of time. Which is why, it's always been one of my life goals to own a small cabin in the mountains, preferably the Swiss Alps.

By Vasin Valery
Brilliant. I would become a hermit for a month or two every year and just escape there (potentially dying of pneumonia or killed by an escape convict or just slowly going mentally deranged). I think it'd be really tranquil, really peaceful and I would definitely keep it as secret as I could. Just so it could be somewhere only I (and maybe a couple of other people) know.
No comments:
Post a Comment