The owner of the 2011 NBA Champions Dallas Mavericks, Mr. Mark Cuban, once had this awesome quote about the difference between television, Netflix and Youtube:-
"Traditional TV is where you get entertainment in real time...Netflix is where you get streaming access to a growing library of thousands of TV shows and movies, and soon, a smattering of original content as well...Youtube is like walking through the bargain bin at Walmart hoping to find something that might interest you, knowing the price is right."
I think it isn't an entirely unfair statement (diplomacy abounds!). But let's take what he said as true. Well, I'm not ashamed, in the least, to admit that I enjoy walking though the metaphorical bargain bin at the metaphorical Walmart hoping to find something that might interest me.
You see, I love Youtube. Most of my time spent online is done Youtubing. And researching stuff for this blog. Not really. Maybe. But anyway, at the beginning of senior year, I stood at 18,000 or so Youtube videos watched. I planned to reach 23,000 videos by the end of senior year. I ended up at around 26,000. In a related story, I didn't have a girlfriend throughout senior year.
But anyway, Youtube doesn't keep track of the number of videos watched anymore. Not as far as I know, anyway. I am really keen, though, to find out exactly how many videos I've watched.
I watch all sorts of random crap on Youtube, piling through the bargain bin. Once in a while, I find gems (I've favourited 155 videos up to today). From that number, here are 15 (relatively) short videos which are, I think, must watch videos.
Liverpool 3x0 Aston Villa - "Let's pretend we've scored a goal"
Seriously classy humour. Well-played by the Villa fans. Always worth a good laugh.
Mini Warbler performing to Teenage Dream
After you watch this, you will want to have kids. Trust me.
Shaq sings to Cheers
Great improvisation of the Cheers theme by one of the funniest NBA characters of all-time to spite the Sacramento Kings.
WTF - Laser Cheese
No video generates the feeling of WTF as much as this one.
'Glee' Teaches You How To Dougie
Glee and the Dougie! I love the Dougie. For the girls, there's Harry Shum Jr aka Mike Chang. For the guys, there's Heather Morris aka Brittany S. Pierce. And you learn how to do the Dougie.
Single Ladies Devastation
Poor kid.
Eric Cartman Interview On NPR
Eric Cartman, one of my favourites, is always great for a laugh.
PETRONAS Deepavali 2006 Ad
While most of the PETRONAS ads are touching and sentimental, this one is flat out hilarious.
The "Like Mike" Gatorade Jingle
If I could be like Mike.
Man Utd 1-2 Man City FANZONE 2008 10/02/08
The guy goes completely nuts. It's brilliant. I love the Fanzone.
Oh Crap Woman Hole in the Wall
This is pretty mean but the comic value is high.
Jordan, Malone & Barkley before 1st game of 1992 Olympics
Charles Barkley shows why he's the funniest NBA character ever.
Rhod Gilbert - Luggage Problems
Top class stand up comedy.
Roy Johnson - I hate vegetarians
I just nod along to everything he says. I don't see why people are laughing. Seems to me everything he says is gospel.
Jason Mraz - Winter Wonderland
Jason Mraz singing the hell out of one of my favourite Christmas songs ever.
Look, if you can get this much value out of shopping in the bargain bin, then it doesn't make sense to stop. Long live Youtube.
1 comment:
Mraz is my one and only singer crush. Fact.
Post a Comment